1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
Pacific Vanilla Oat Milk and Tempt Vanilla Hemp Milk
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Plans?? I'm supposed to have plans?? I don't have a plan for lunch, let alone the whole month.
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Popped on the stove in olive oil sprinkled with a little sugar and a little salt
4.Most disastrous recipe/meal failure
My first attempt at seitan can't even be described as a disaster. It was the.most.disgusting.thing.EVER!!
5. Favorite pickled item?
Cucumbers and peppers
6. How do you organize your recipes?
I throw them all in a drawer in my kitchen and dig through them when I need them
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
Traash and recylce, garbage disposal too!!
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
Larabars, avocados, dinosaur kale
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Nothing really stands out, I guess eating cinnamon rolls on Thanksgiving morning, a tradition I carried on with my kids
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
There are many, but I really love Chicago Soy Dairy's Temptation, chocolate. I love it because it's made in a dedicated nut free facility so my allergic daughter can eat it too.
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
My juicer, hands down
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Red pepper flakes
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
The cookbook I've owned longest is Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything. The vegan cookbook I've had longest is Eat, Drink, and Be Vegan
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Oh, there are lots, it depends on the friend. Chili is pretty universal, thai curries always go over well,
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
I don't have a favorite, I just like to cook........in the evening
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
Blender, platters and a gravy boat.
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Fruit, vital wheat gluten, corn
20. What’s on your grocery list?
You don't want to know....tomorrow is shopping day, so the list is LONG
21. Favorite grocery store?
Whole Foods Market, and Rainbow Blossom
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.
There's nothing really, like I said, not a lot of food memories (my mom didn't cook) and I've veganized my grandma's famous macaroni sala
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa’s because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
Happy Herbivore, Vegan Dad, The Urban Vegan
24.Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Not a huge candy fan, but I love any dark chocolate
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
I don't usually purchase extravagant food items
26. Ingredients you are scared to work with?
I'm scared of nothing.........especially if I have a good recipe