Friday, October 2, 2009

Vegan MoFo Day 2: The MoFo Meme

You knew it was coming right? Another meme. It had to happen, it's VeganMoFo and we all have to have something to post every weekday for a month......what better way to fill some of those posts than a meme so we can get to know each other a little better. All the MoFo'ers are doing it, and you should too!!

1. Favorite non-dairy milk?

Pacific Vanilla Oat Milk and Tempt Vanilla Hemp Milk

2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?

Plans?? I'm supposed to have plans?? I don't have a plan for lunch, let alone the whole month.

3. Topping of choice for popcorn?

Popped on the stove in olive oil sprinkled with a little sugar and a little salt


4.Most disastrous recipe/meal failure

My first attempt at seitan can't even be described as a disaster. It was the.most.disgusting.thing.EVER!!

5. Favorite pickled item?


Cucumbers and peppers

6. How do you organize your recipes?


I throw them all in a drawer in my kitchen and dig through them when I need them

7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?


Traash and recylce, garbage disposal too!!

8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?


Larabars, avocados, dinosaur kale

9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?


Nothing really stands out, I guess eating cinnamon rolls on Thanksgiving morning, a tradition I carried on with my kids

10. Favorite vegan ice cream?

There are many, but I really love Chicago Soy Dairy's Temptation, chocolate. I love it because it's made in a dedicated nut free facility so my allergic daughter can eat it too.

11. Most loved kitchen appliance?

My juicer, hands down

12. Spice/herb you would die without?


Red pepper flakes

13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?


The cookbook I've owned longest is Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything. The vegan cookbook I've had longest is Eat, Drink, and Be Vegan

14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?


Strawberry

15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?


Oh, there are lots, it depends on the friend. Chili is pretty universal, thai curries always go over well,

16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?


seitan

17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?


I don't have a favorite, I just like to cook........in the evening

18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?


Blender, platters and a gravy boat.

19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.

Fruit, vital wheat gluten, corn

20. What’s on your grocery list?


You don't want to know....tomorrow is shopping day, so the list is LONG

21. Favorite grocery store?


Whole Foods Market, and Rainbow Blossom

22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.


There's nothing really, like I said, not a lot of food memories (my mom didn't cook) and I've veganized my grandma's famous macaroni sala

23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa’s because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?

Happy Herbivore, Vegan Dad, The Urban Vegan

24.Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?


Not a huge candy fan, but I love any dark chocolate


25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?


I don't usually purchase extravagant food items

26. Ingredients you are scared to work with?


I'm scared of nothing.........especially if I have a good recipe

3 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie! I googled vegan and Louisville and somehow I found you. I am a blogger too, residing in Louisville, and recently decided to go vegan! I'm so excited that I found your blog, I'll be visiting a lot now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah -

    Glad you found me....I'm adding you to my blog roll. Have you seen my articles on Examiner.com? I try to make them locally relevant when I can.

    Stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carrie!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog too :) Yes, I found the articles and signed up to get them via email. Examiner is something I've been thinking about doing for a while so you've inspired me.

    And yes, I am definitely interested in a local vegan group, let me know what you do with that.

    ReplyDelete