Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Guac-adilla


This idea comes from one of my favorite restaurants, The Grape Leaf. I love, love, love their avocado wrap. It's basically guacamole wrapped into a flour tortilla and grilled. I get it without the cheese and it's delicious. Today being National Guacamole Day I thought I'd do a version of the avocado wrap. Unfortunately all I had was small 10 inch tortillas, so I decided to take the idea and turn it into a guac-adilla.

Use this simple recipe for guacamole. Just spread it onto a whole wheat tortilla, top with another and either press in a panini press or toast in a dry skillet. I had mine served with a dollop of Tofutti Better than Sour Cream, and drizzled with some mild salsa. A delicious, filling lunch, or cut smaller as an appetizer for a Mexican fiesta.

No comments:

Post a Comment